Why become a member
As a Borsa Italiana member firm you can trade in a range of financial products directly on our trading platforms, including equity, structured products, bonds and derivatives. Membership provides the lowest latency access to our trading systems.
Our members form a network which covers a diverse range of firms including banks, agency brokers, market makers and proprietary traders.
Financial incentives are available to market makers and specialists.
Membership incentives are also available for new members joining our markets, as follows:
- BIt annual membership fee waived for the first 12 months;
- Subscription fee waived for package 2 on Euronext Milan/Euronext Growth Milan/SeDeX/ETFplus/ATFund/MOT markets for the first 12 months (Pricing Package 2);
- Subscription fee waived for the first 6 months for Intermediary on EuroTLX market;
- IDEM Equity volume category fee waived for the first 12 months;
- IDEX volume category fee waived for the first 12 months.
The initiative applies to:
- New members for the membership fee waiver/discount;
- New members and existing members extending their subscription to new markets for the subscription/volume category fee waiver.
More details on fees and waivers are available in the Price list for trading services.
Empowering Sustainable Growth
Euronext is a founding member of Sustainable Trading, a non-profit membership network to drive ESG change across financial markets practices.
Borsa Italiana, as part of Euronext group, promotes the development of an innovative culture of sustainable corporate finance.
Dedicated contents, tools and networking opportunities for all market participants are available on our website. Find out more on.
Watch out for all Euronext ESG news on ESG News | euronext.com.
How to become a member
Borsa Italiana membership is available to companies only; applications from individuals cannot be accepted
Applicants should be authorised as an investment firm or credit institution. Non-authorised firms may also apply for membership provided they satisfy the requirements set forth in the Rules. All member firms need to understand and comply with Borsa Italiana markets’ rules.
Clearing and Settlement
Members need to have appropriate clearing (for markets where cleared instruments are traded) and settlement arrangements in place for their trading activities. Settlement and clearing systems can be accessed directly or via a third party provider (a general clearing member and/or settlement agent).
Please see Euronext Clearing and Euronext Securities Services Milan websites for the list of approved CGMs and Settlement agents.
Connectivity & Trading Software
We offer a range of solutions to connect to our markets with different levels of management and performance, ranging from dedicated network to Service Provider access.
In addition, you can either certify in-house trading applications to work with our trading system or use any accredited software provider.
The membership on-boarding process is managed through the Member Portal, an online portal which simplifies procedures and makes more direct and efficient the communication flow between Borsa Italiana, Euronext Clearing and their respective members.
It allows members to monitor their participation requirements in order to keep them constantly and easily updated in line with the markets Rules.
Trading Services can be requested and managed through Member Portal.
Become a member in only three steps:
- Apply by submitting your Request for Service with any supporting information through the Member Portal
- Prepare your trading connection and post-trade arrangements
- Go Live - upon approval of your application, you can arrange a live date with the Membership Team.
For further details about the admission procedure please view the Membership Guide and access the Rules and the Instructions to the Rules.
If you have any questions about Membership, please contact us via e-mail: BItemail@example.com
Membership pack for Optiq Migration