Operational Risk Management during and post-COVID-19
Virtual Classroom, 8-9 June 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic acted as a real-life stress test of existing Operational risk frameworks implemented by financial services firms, as organisations deal with challenges related to people, systems, processes and external environment. It called for the re-think of approaches, attitudes and behaviours.
This interactive course provides a succinct and practical overview of the key changes in established Operational risk management practices based on the lessons learnt from the crisis. Live virtual sessions are structured around the core framework tools, clearly outlining how each component can be improved.
This essential course is packed with practical tips and hints and features results of multiple industry live polls taken by risk practitioners throughout the pandemic, which provide an invaluable insight on current practices and allow participants to benchmark themselves against other firms. Each session ends with Make A Difference discussion, where attendees share their take-aways that will make a real difference to their organization.
As a special bonus, each attendee will receive a copy of the brand-new book authored by Ms Pykhova, Operational Risk Management in Financial Services: A Practical Guide to Establishing Effective Solutions.
Benefits of attending
• Review how firms responded to COVID-19 and enhanced their Operational risk practices
• Learn what successful Risk teams did right from the start
• Discuss the importance of situational awareness in risk management
• Review how each framework component can be improved post-pandemic
• Discuss practical steps for integrating Operational risk and Operational resilience
• Examine the importance of ‘softer side’: what makes risk teams successful; as well as
• Engage via live polls, discuss and debate with fellow practitioners
• Compare your lessons learned, successes and challenges
• Develop a plan on how you will make a difference to your workplace following the course.
Who should attend
This is an essential course for all individuals responsible for implementing risk management practices in their organisations or those interested to stay current and improve their Operational risk solutions, including
• Operational and Enterprise Risk practitioners
• Audit and Compliance
• Governance and Control
• Directors and senior executives
is an operational risk executive specializing in strategy, design and implementation of firm-wide operational risk frameworks, based in London, UK. She is an experienced operational risk trainer, running public and in-house training courses in the UK and internationally for world-leading venues such as the London Stock Exchange Academy. She is a thought leader, influencer and founder of a think tank, Best Practice Operational Risk Forum. She is the Chair of the Operational Risk Expert Panel for the Association of Foreign Banks and the former Director for Education at the Institute of Operational Risk. Passionate about the discipline, she founded her training and consulting practice after 20 years of experience in senior roles at Fortune 500 companies.
Operational Risk Management during and post-COVID-19: Enhancing the Practices
Virtual Classroom - 8 and 9 June 2021
If you would like to stay up to date on our training initiatives, please click here to fill in the form.
ISO 9001:2015 Certificate
If you would like to find out more about the products and services offered by Academy, please contact us.
or +39 0272426086
Piazza degli Affari
6 - 20123 Milano
Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30 CET
Follow us on LinkedIn.
Where you can find us.