Understanding Security Lending, Repos and Actions of Short Sellers
Virtual Classroom, 28 September 2021
This 2.5 hour module explains the economic benefits that can be gained from the lending of securities (bond and equities) and how key market participants – such as funds, market makers and speculators interact with each other for potential mutual reward.
The webinar will include two short session from industry practitioners, who have set up a repo market and a depositary business.
The course, developed in partnership with FEAS, the Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges, will be be held Tuesday, 28 September 2021, 10:00 – 12:30 CEST and delivered in “live webinar” format and will take place on the FEAS Zoom platform. Academy will send participants the joining instructions at registration completion.
How should attend:
This is designed for:
▪ Head of business development in Exchanges and Depository banks
▪ Regulators (Head of Banking or Capital Markets)
▪ Law firms
▪ Securities settlement specialists
▪ Income and corporate actions analysts
▪ Professionals working within investment banks (sell-side firms)
▪ Institutional investors (buy-side firms, including asset managers and pension funds)
▪ Central securities depositories, custodians, central counterparties
▪ Collateral management personnel
▪ Senior operations management
▪ Risk managers and credit controllers
▪ Legal document negotiators
▪ Accounting and audit specialists
▪ Management consultants
▪ Software designers and engineers
▪ Firms that provide services to the securities industry, including management consultants, data vendors and IT firms.
The course, developed in partnership with FEAS, the Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges, will be in “live webinar” format and will take place on the FEAS Zoom platform. Academy will send participants the joining instructions at registration completion.
The course material will be provided to the delegates in pdf format the day after the course has taken place.
This course is in partnership with FEAS - Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges.
Corporate Governance: driving value for your stakeholders
Webinar live, 28 October 2021
Valuation with Prof. Aswath Damodaran
Virtual Classroom, 8 - 11 November 2021
Adopting effective ESG Disclosure Practices
Virtual Classroom, 16 and 17 November 2021
Investor Relations Fundamentals
Virtual Classroom, 23, 24, 30 November and 1 December 2021
Net-Zero Portfolio Management Masterclass
Monaco, 25 - 28 November 2021
Operational Risk Management during and post COVID-19: enhancing the practice
A BIB - Budapest Institute of Banking virtual classroom, powered by Academy
Virtual Classroom, 9 and 10 December 2021
Understanding Financial Markets and Instruments
Online video series
If you would like to stay up to date on our training initiatives, please click here to fill in the form.
ISO 9001 Certificate
If you would like to find out more about the products and services offered by Academy, please contact us.
or +39 0272426086
Piazza degli Affari
6 - 20123 Milano
Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30 CET
Follow us on LinkedIn.
Where you can find us.