Who we are
Indesit Company is one of the European leading manufacturers and distributors of major domestic appliances. It is the undisputed leader in major markets such as Italy, the UK and Russia. Founded in 1975 and listed on the Milan stock exchange since 1987, the Group posted sales of €2.6 billion in 2009.
· 1930 incorporation of Industrie Merloni
· 1975 incorporation of Merloni Elettrodomestici
· 1987 listing on the Milan stock exchange
· 1987 acquisition of Indesit
· 1997 appointment of its first external CEO
· 2000 acquisition of Stinol in Russia
· 2001 acquisition of GDA and the Hotpoint brand in the UK
· 2001 publication of the first sustainability report in the sector
· 2004 opening of two new plants, one in Russia and one in Poland
· 2005 Merloni Elettrodomestici becomes Indesit Company, celebrates its first 30 years and opens the biggest logistics pole in the European white goods industry, in Lipetsk
· 2007 Indesit Company presents the new Group brand architecture: the Hotpoint and Ariston brands form Hotpoint-Ariston
· 2008 opening of two new plants in Radomsko for washing machines and dryers and for dishwashers
· 2010 Andrea Merloni is appointed Chairman, succeeding, after 35 years, his father Vittorio, who becomes honorary Chairman.
Indesit Company manufactures and sells for over 30 years major domestic appliances (washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, cookers, hoods, ovens and hobs).
It has 16 production facilities (in Italy, Poland, the UK, Russia and Turkey) having turned out in 2009 12.5 million appliances, and it employs 16,000 people. The Group’s main brands are Indesit, Hotpoint-Ariston and Scholtès.
For further information, visit the company’s website
The Exchange accepts no responsability for the content of the website you are now accessing or for any reliance placed by you or any person on the information contained on it.
By allowing this link the Exchange does not intend in any country, directly or indirectly, to solicit business or offer any securities to any person.
You will be redirected in five seconds.