BIt sustainable markets to face COVID19 pandemic
Borsa Italiana supporting issuers of social or sustainable bonds that mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
17 April 2020
- Admission fees for social and sustainable bonds that aim to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 with relevant use-of-proceeds waived for 3 months
- Applies to bonds that are admitted to Borsa Italiana, and meet the eligibility criteria for the Green and Social Bond Market
During this period of exceptional market volatility and global uncertainty due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Borsa Italiana takes its responsibility to ensure the orderly functioning of markets and continuity of services for its customers and other stakeholders very seriously.
We strongly believe that social and sustainable bonds can have an essential role to play in directing capital to initiatives that will help mitigate the impact of COVID-19. Such instruments could help issuers in both developed and developing countries unlock funding for a wide range of critical projects in both the short and long term.
Borsa Italiana’s Green and Social Bond Market acts as a platform for green, social and sustainable bonds. We remain committed to supporting our clients and the development of the social and sustainability bond segment during this unprecedented period.
Borsa Italiana, in line with the initiative which has already been launched by London Stock Exchange, will be admitting social and sustainable bonds with use of proceeds aligned towards mitigating the impact of COVID-19 with no admission fees for an initial period of three months commencing 20 April 2020.
- Applies to bonds admitted to the Green and Social Bond Market
- Applies to social or sustainable bonds only that meet the eligibility criteria for the Green and Social Bond Market, and where use of proceeds, as indicated by the issuer, are aligned towards addressing or mitigating social issues wholly or partially emanating from COVID-19
- End date: Monday, 20 July 2020 (3 months)
For further information on the Green and Social Bond Market, refer to the Borsa Italiana’s website dedicated section here. Additional guidance on ICMA’s Social Bond Principles and their relevance in addressing COVID-19 crisis can be found here.
You may also contact one of the team at email@example.com.
Fixed Income Markets
Borsa Italiana - London Stock Exchange Group
Disclaimer: The Green and Social Bond Market is not a distinct primary market operated by Borsa Italiana. It is a label applied across MOT and ExtraMOT markets in order to promote visibility of sustainable debt finance instruments.