Considering that a continuing flow of updated information represents a fundamental requirement for the guarantee of the proper operation of the market, Borsa Italiana requires, as set out in article 2.6.2 paragraph 5 of the Rules, that issuers having instruments ETFs listed on the ETFplus market make available to Borsa Italiana the following information:
- the net asset value (NAV) of the ETF;
- the number of units/shares outstanding;
- the value of the reference index of the ETF where this is not otherwise available to Borsa Italiana.
- where provided for by the ETF, the level of protection, the level of guarantee, the value of the multiple and the value of the cushion.
- the indicative net asset value (iNAV) of each listed open-end fund.
The manner of fulfilling disclosure requirements and the channels used by issuers of units/shares of ETFs to comply disclosure requirements provided by Borsa Italiana Market Rules are set out in the Instructions accompanying the Rules where it is specified that:
- the issuer fulfils through the electronic Network Information System (NIS) the disclosure requirements referred to in Article 2.6.2, paragraphs 1, 3 and 17, of the Rules (including, in short: the annual calendar of corporate events; information on the functioning of the financial instrument; amount, detachment date and payment date of operating income coupons; and rating) and, where provided for by the ETF, the level of protection, the level of guarantee and the value of the multiple. These information are spread by Borsa Italiana through public notice.
- the issuer sends to Borsa Italiana through an electronic data feed the ETF’s NAV and the number of units/shares outstanding, then made available by Borsa Italiana through its web site at the following pages:
daily number of shares and NAV for ETFs
- via an information provider or website that ensures a dissemination among the public, the issuer discloses: the value of the reference index of the fund; where the open-end fund provides for a cushion, the latter’s value; and the value of the fund’s iNAV.